Syllabus (click below):
Tuesday, March 3
• Listen to “Nascar Annie” (my term): gemmell-posts.com/2017/02/23/a-childrensyouth-choir-potpourri-exploring-timbre-interpretation-and-style/
• Quiz: Class discussions and TKTS Chapter 4: The Child Singer and previous (all assessments are comprehensive)
• Have worksheet completed for TKTS Chapter 5: The Adolescent Singer and discuss in class.
• Continue teaching rounds/canons with: Connor Buckley, Jake Connolly, and Jennifer Nguyen. Clink link below for schedule:
Thursday, March 5
• Quiz: Class discussions and TKTS Chapter 5: The Adolescent Singer and previous information (all assessments are comprehensive), to p. 120.
• Complete TKTS Chapter 5 and begin Chapter 6: Breathing and Laryngeal Mechanics
• Have worksheet completed for Chapter 6.
• Continue teaching rounds/canons: Zach Smith, Jimmy Williams.
Tuesday, March 10
• Complete TKTS Chapter 5.
• Work with changing voice: Christian Wolf
• Brief review for mid-term.
• Complete rounds/canons: Mira Brocco, Sarah Troutman, Jimmy Williams, Isabella Pfaff
Thursday March 12: Mid-Term Written Exam
• Take Mid-Term Written Exam, which includes all class discussions (philosophy, functional unity concept, programming, reflections on class teaching of rote songs/rounds/canons, etc.) and TKTS through Chapter 5.
• Discuss future assignments and work that can be completed over Break.
• Complete any rounds/canons as time allows, hopefully completing this assignment!!
F.y.i.: Philosophy Materials